Thursday, February 16, 2006

*Tap Tap* Is this thing on?


Well I hope that everyone who enjoys our show has been able to get it since the Host and Feed change. Man, what a pain in the ass, but well worth it.

My idea of us doing a running commentary while watching House of the Dead 2 didn't yet get to happen since Stephen is out of town and Bill is busy packing all of his things for his big move. I really hope we get to do it, It should be fun. It could be awful too,hehe. On the other hand if we don't get to record it, I hope that no one is too disappointed. We'll still be doing the regular episodes.

What can I say We're up to episode 25 and that's just insane. I look back on our past episodes and some i'm proud of and others are just there. I do like bits of all of them though. It's kinda like a newspaper although i don't mean we are newsworthy or have anything that's important to say. But, once the week has passed our show is kinda like yesterdays news talking about tv shows that have come and gone and it's time for the new issue.

I still have a blast doing the show and the fact that i've kept my co-hosts together this long is satisfying. Without my co-hosts it wouldn't be fun, there'd be no one to play off of, no one to make laugh. That is what is great about doing the show and to put it in a nutshell it's this; It's damn fun, and it's great to hang out with friends and make fun of stuff and it's great to have that on record to be able to go back and laugh at it all over again. I'm glad there are people that enjoy it too. But, I want to hear from those people more as well.

There's this moment that happens a few days after i've posted a show. I don't know if i'd describe it as a depression but I would describe it as a downer. There is this excitement I get each week as I prepare for the show. I jot down notes for the show entailing what I want to be sure to mention. I work with Foggy getting sound clips together or yelling at him making sure they are labled correctly. I call up Vanessa and make sure that she's got her news stories ready. I talk to Bill during the week about what Movie we should cover and be sure to save our opinions of the weeks favorite show to keep it fresh for the episode.

Then there is Stephen, I call him up and make sure that he is in town. If he's not I make sure to Text message him about the time of the show, so he knows what time to show up on Skype.

On Saturday Morning I am usually still preparing sound clips and jotting down the last few notes before heading on out to the station. First I stop at Scooters Pastries in the town square and pick up an Apple Fritter (ok 2 fritters!) and a large Diet Coke to eat while on the air. Hehe i'm infamous for eating on the show. Here's a clue I usually am eating during any sound clip. I have mastered eating silently and drinking with quiet precision, whereas Stephen is horrible at it and makes noise not only breathing but even having thoughts in his brain.

Once we are done recording, sometimes we all chat for a bit after and that could be a show in of itself. I sign off and usually have a post show chow at The Kitchen with Stephen and My family. It's a local eatery that has great Burgers and Chicken Fried Steak.

Later that night if i'm not too tired I'll listen to the show and make notes of what I think should be cut out for the podcast. Usually it's and odd noise here and there and sometimes too much meandering off in other directions.

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes we disagree on the show but so does family and that's what we are. We are a dysfunctional family, but we are a family. I edit the show in time usually for Wednesday sometimes Tuesday. I get all the show notes ready and upload that bastard. I frequent all my favorite sites and forums and let people who I think might enjoy the latest episode know about it.

The next day I got nuthin'. And then I do it all over again. Damn if only I got paid for this it would be even better.

Enjoy!


Voicemail - Stephen's Pics - Date Movie - Smallville - Veronica Mars - 24 - Lost - Battlestar Galactica - My Name is Earl - Movie Drops Game - News - DVD's of the Week: SAW 2

EPISODE 24

No comments: