Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Beyond

Another year of the show, an exciting year. We went out on our own and did the show live and now it seems there is no way you can go back after having done so. There's just no excitement doing the show in a vacuum. The 24 Redemption show was done this way and it felt as though something were missing. We did the Lunchtime Lost Episode Live on the feed to one person, Andy and it made all the difference in the world. The Knowing--that one person makes all the difference in the world.

So do you, thanks for listening to Nowhere in Mulberry and thank you for taking the time to listen to us live. Yeah we've tried a few things and stopped a few things but we're still live. We don't really fish for phone calls anymore but still take them if you call. We just get into it that groove, that gear whatever you want to call it and it's hard to stop. I hope that you don't mind. The best part about doing a show this long is looking back at the body of work, the body of material. All of those ridiculous shows that we have talked about, all of those dvds, it's hilarious. I love the idea of the show not being about anything really important, well not important at least to some people. Important to me.

Nowhere in Mulberry is my id and it's my child, my offspring, my creation, a collaboration but let's be frank I want it all to myself and it's hard to share. I'm proud of it and i'm proud of my co-hosts but 'co-host' sounds so cold, so informal, they are my friends, my buddies and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm feeling reflective, I guess it's that time of year to do it, 2008 is gone and (warning cliche' alert) we usher in a new year of opportunity and all I keep thinking about is how much i want a Snuggie, you know? One of those awesome Fleece blankets with sleeves. Too Cool!

The NiM Holiday Package was alot of fun and successful in that we proved after Andy proved that you can make money doing podcasts. Loyal listeners who like the product are willing to donate for that product. We will continue to do Nowhere in Mulberry weekly but at the same time we will be working on projects that we hope people will be willing to donate to get. We've got some cool ideas and we hope that they prove successful.

Thanks to everyone that donated, honestly you fucking rock! You really do, you make us feel like we don't suck, that we aren't doing the show to the wall and you also make it feel like it's worth it. Sometimes you wonder if it's worth it and it's nice to have those moments of clarity that prove that 'IT IS WORTH IT'. There are even times with 'Mulberry Old Skool' that I fail to keep the old shows uploaded on time when I take them off of the feed. Just today someone wrote to me to ask me where Episode 132 and 133 were and I was like "Holy shit people really are listening to old episodes?" It felt good and I uploaded those shows right away. Episodes 1-147 are all there on the NiM Feed and Mulberry Old Skool for people to enjoy and it's shocking that there are people that dig it, that dig those old shows. Awe-some!

Some new TV Shows are going to come back and even more are going to premiere for the first time and this is when I get excited and I can't wait to talk about them. We also have the Oscars coming up in a bit and I haven't seen shit so I need to get on the ball with that. Will we cover the Oscars Live again? I have no idea, it's very exhausting and no one says shit about it when it's all said and done, I think that the oscars tire everyone out and once it's over don't want to hear about it, But I will wait to hear what people think, if you want an Oscar show we will do one but if we don't hear anything I think it's time to put that shit to bed and I will just watch the oscars and enjoy those musical numbers. Let us know.

I'm still questioning whether we should do the show on our own feed or go ahead and begin doing the show on NowLive. I wonder if it even matters or does anyone care? No idea.

That's it for now, this is a good first post of 2009, hell I think it's more than i wrote in all of 2008 and that's a good start.

No comments: