Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Darkened Theater...

Is there any thing better than Air Conditioning in a dark Movie theater with the smell of buttered popcorn in the air? Pitch black as the projector comes to life with the opening previews of movies to come and then....The Film. Ah good times. One of the best movie going experiences I ever had was seeing THE ROAD WARRIOR in Westwood Calif. with my Dad while on Summer break. The sound system and giant screen were like none I'd ever experienced. I wish I could remember the name of that theater cause it rocked! Oh man I think that changed movie going for me for the rest of my life. Never again did I want to go to the local cineplex to watch films I wanted to EXPERIENCE FILMS! I wanted to be blown away by every film I saw. Certain big movies we'd venture forth to have a grande experience such as RETURN OF THE JEDI. Being in Texas now I miss those big theaters in California. Man they know how to watch their movies in Westwood.

Now in the day of Home Theater we can enjoy a dvd at home with 5.1 or 6.1 or 7.1 sound with as many powered subwoofers as we can hook up to our A/V Recievers and CRANK IT UP! And WE DO.

I have a low level system meaning I didnt spend thousands on it. But I am happy to be able to watch THE ROAD WARRIOR on dvd in my home and blast it to my hearts content. I wish the mix on the dvd was better but i'm not gonna complain. I have 5.1 and two powered subs hooked up to my Pioneer reciever. When I have afternoons to myself I close the drapes and make it pitch black and put in a dvd. I turn the volume WAAAAAAY up. And in pitch darkness the room comes alive as the soundtrack begins with the opening titles and I am sucked in.

Not bad not bad, But one day I want to have a dedicated room with a front projector and I will have my darkened theater, until then I can only dream........at the movies.

No comments: