Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The bridge is burning

There's a guy who lives across the street from us and he is so proud of his fucking motorcycle or chopper whatever you want to call it. It's 8am and my daughter is still sleeping and this asshole is revving his engine over and over, it's so damn loud it's ridiculous. I picture the engine exploding and the guy taking wheel spokes to the jugular or better yet just moving. The guy is probably already deaf. I don't know why people do this to their hearing, it's like these guys in their Bass Mobiles thumping down the street, Just wanted to let you guys know to say goodbye to your hearing at an early age. Just wait there will be news reports around the year 2010, "an epidemic is sweeping the nation, Early deafness has set in for millions of generaton y and x'ers, why? cause they thumped to loud ass window shaking bass in their cars eager to show the other sheep how they pimped out their rides." so sad. Good, serves them right.

There is that instance when you realize that a certain someone in your life that has brought nothing but hurt feelings and pain that you decide you do not need this person around anymore. At first you decide not to talk to them as much, make a conscious effort so they get the hint that you don't want to talk to them, sometimes it can be a little drawn out since people are generally clueless, they want to speak constantly with no interruption so you can't tell them they are full of shit. Then that painful part comes when they finally get it. 'this person doesn't want to talk to me?' and they make and effort not to speak to you. They may play the victim, 'what'd I ever do to him?" but you shall not waver. They get it and they know no matter how much they pretend not to. You do not need this person in your life, you've forgiven and forgotten way too many times to count and you're not going to do it anymore. Goodbye asshole don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

The bridge is buring and there is no putting it out.

Now onto other stuff. I didn't get time to mess with pic.s and links and stuff yesterday, but I will soon. I didn't list the best shows on tv that I am watching either cause I thought about it and I want that on the side panel.

Back in the day being my late teens and early twenties I was a Director freak I praised all my favorite directors from, James Cameron, Sam Raimi, Ridley Scott, and George Miller to John Woo and couldn't wait to see any film they cranked out. Well, over time I've not been as interested as I used to be and I've found myself being more into Television show creators and writers. I still love Movies don't get me wrong but there is an unknown renassiance in television right now of great drama and entertainment going on. I say unknown like I have a secret, hell it's known I just want to sound mysterious, there is alot of horrible television on right now too you just have to sift through the bullshit. Shows like CSI and Survivor and The Apprentice are like fast food for the bloated. I'm not into that shit, I usually watch CSI:Miami cause fucking Caruso cracks me up.

I'm talking about people like J.J.Abrams, Joss Whedon, and Ron d. Moore not to forget Rob Thomas and Tim Minear. These guys have created such great shows as Alias, Lost, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, The new Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars and Wonderfalls and the new show on Fox called 'The Inside'. I've found myself more excited to see what these guys will come up next than my old favorite directors and these guys so far have yet to disappoint me. J.J. Abrams Alias is a great show that I highly recommend cathing up on DVD seasons 1-3 are already out and season 4 is about to wrap up. Lost is a great show as well that keeps getting better. Joss's show Firefly which was cancelled early on by Fox was a fantastical show crossing the space opera with the western with an assortment of great characters that is now going to be a major motion picture called, SERENITY. Ron Moore's new take on Battlestar Galactica is some of the best drama and sci-fi on television right now! Don't miss it! Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas is kinda like a cool Nancy Drew with great storylines and mystery and a strong female character that we can all admire. I didnt watch Wonderfalls and apparently no one else did either cause FOX shit-canned it pretty fast, but Tim Minear wrote some of my favorite episodes of Firefly and I hope he hits a homerun with The Inside. Too bad it's on Fox.

No comments: