Monday, November 14, 2005

RELLIK

My head Hurts!
Does it still work?
Tripping over chairs...
...Falling down the stairs...



...BREAK...CHAIN...REHASH...SPLITTING...

I was in a band once. It was a long time ago. In the days of beer and cigarettes. the days of non-caring the days when the world was powered by the black fuel. Gone now...

...Swept away for reasons long forgotten two mighty warrior tribes...Ok seriously now i'm just goofing. I was in a band though. It was so short lived I feel silly writing about it BUT it was important to me for a time and so were the people that were in the band. The rock band or were we a thrash band certainley not really metal just a thrashing head banging type of rock perhaps. Who knows but we had fun. We had many names I remember the first one was 'Harness' Lol taking a cue from Helmet. Only two of us that were in the band liked that. We never could agree on a name. We had i believe 4 gigs? I think.

It was hard to remember. I sang. Well I screamed and Yelled. Yes it was that kind of music. I'm a shy person when it comes down to it. I like to entertain I guess but when all eyes are on me I turn red. I need that magic juice that Elixir called Drinky Drink, Booze! Yeah I had to get shit faced drunk to be able to perform. I'm not proud of it but hey it was the only way at the time. I just couldn't do it sober. STAGE FRIGHT is a powerful thing. I didn't conquer it I just drowned it.

This isn't a public service annoucement about the evils of drinking while performing. No. I had a lot of fun but here's the deal I don't remember alot of it. That's what's sad. It sucks. I need some video of what went on. I've never been a druggy or done drugs it just didnt interest me but I loved the shit out of beer. I never even liked hard liquor at all. No shots no Vodka certainley not tequila. I was a beer drinker.

Off subject here a little. What am I getting at? Nothing really just typing away. I met my 'Now Wife' the first time we ever performed to an audience. I talked to her later that evening at a celebration for our first gig party. There was a keg and good spirits and people that really should be in bed. I vaguely remember people up on the roof of the house. Wow good times.

The same thing that always happens with friends and bands happened to us. You move on. You get sick of the same people you get sick of the lack of sincerity. There's that kindness between friends that disappears after awhile and it becomes family. A family that tells you exactly what they think and how they feel about what you are doing in your life and relationship and you get sick of that shit and you want them to butt out and that's what happens. You stop talking to them and you never speak to them again.

No comments: