Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday of the Dead


I know that people suffered tragedy in the wake of Hurricane Rita but I am thankful it wasn't near as devasting as Katrina but who am I to comment when I am sitting here in my own home. All I'm saying is I'm glad it wasn't as destructive a force as everyone had feared. People still lost homes and power etcetera but it still wasn't as bad.

I took a week off from the blog like a lazy bastard I'm at a time now where I'm just thinking about the show nonstop and I'm sure that can get old real fast. Just ask my wife, Hehe. Seriously though I think that by the time we get to episode 10 we will be rockin'. Episode 4 was recorded on Saturday evening and it turned out better than I thought it would be while we were making it. I would like right now to thank Vanessa, Stephen and Bill for such a great job they are doing! Bravo guys *Cue Applause*.

Monday of the Dead is actually a title I had written for a short story in 1990 while eating lunch everyday while on my break at the Bankrupt craft store. I'd sit at Whataburger eating my lunch and imagining what it would be like if the dead had come back to life and I'd have to get back to work. Haha reading it now I wonder why I thought for a second that the real me would even go back to work. I obviously had no life at the time of writing this story. Back at the store I and other employees would board up the store and fortunately a customer had left a bunch of their guns in the store because they were having them framed in a shadowbox which is a frame with depth to fit objects. We of course had no bullets but that's ok because a Delivery truck a day before had accidently delivered parcel intended for a gunshop and we had plenty of Ammo. Hehe convenient.

I never got much past that scenario but sometimes I miss those days of a lunch break from work and just chilling alone and reading the paper or perhaps listening to talk radio. It's great when you can look back on times that you didn't think were necessarily great and smile knowing that it was a much simpler time.

The times that I continue to say that I wasted at Bankrupt Crafts led to mosts of what I have now. I would most likely never have met my wife and I would never have met my best friend. I never would have met many people that I still reflect back on fondly. Of course there's always those few that I'm glad that I will never see again, but there weren't many.

For awhile we were having get togethers with the old employees of the store and it was fun but it was only the most recent employees all of the the people that worked there when I started were gone. The people that were my age when I started moved on and the employees were getting younger each day as I got older. Everyone had moved on while I stayed at this job that I should have moved on from long ago. Thankfully I had no other choice but to move on once the place shut down for good. Cheers.

2 comments:

D said...

well i hope you keep the blog going......it's part of my daily reading material.

The Jastrom said...

Don't worry I will! I've just been lazy is all hehe.