Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Welcome to Mulberry


Holy crap it's one of those days where it's hard to find inspiration, where it's hard to make the effort to read or to stay interested enough in something to keep ones eyes open. It's one of those days that I would like to sleep till noon only it's past noon now. My lunch tasted crappy and I find no solace in chocolate cupcakes all I want to do is sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Awake it's time to concentrate on doing something. I want to do something creative, I consider going to my sisters and scanning a bunch of my old drawings into the computer, But I'm lazy.

I could take notes on the podcast show only I am confused on how to do it in the first place, Hehe. I want to do it before I lose interest and end up doing nothing to find the creative sparks.

I could watch some TV but nothing's on. I'll go back to looking around online for something fun to read. Maybe I'll take a nap. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do you ever think back to those days when you were miserable with affection for the time that it was in your life because you could take the time to be miserable on your own accord without guilt and without the selflessness that adulthood hopefully brings for most of us? Sometimes I reflect back to drinking a 12 pack on friday night while playing video games till dawn, then getting ready for work hung-over. I was miserable at the time but you feel a fondness over the cluelessness of it all.

Holy crap that was a run-on paragraph. Hehe. Music is good to blare when there's nothing else to do. Two times they said when you skip you gotta be high on the life that was the one you left behind. Wow I think I just made that up.

Ok here's what I want with the show 'Nowhere in Mulberry' well I did want to call it 'Surreality Sideshow' but since it really has nothing to do with surreality and since there is already a podcast called 'sideshow' I decided something else would be better. Mulberry, even though it's a fictional town I think we'd all like to live there. Small town atmosphere but with a great Main street filled with great down home cooking along with a local Cinema. Many Mom and Pop businesses, the College Burnout that came home to open up a ComicBook shop next door to his Professional wife who own the local Coffee Shoppe. Ah sounds great doesn't it? Nothing but tolerance in this town we got em all shapes and sizes and colors and creeds and cultures. The Baptist minister high fives the Rabi as they cross paths on their way to their prospective places of worship while doling out a hardy 'hello' to the muslim guy who runs the local eatery "Bangles, Baubles and Chow".

In fact every year there is a Theological Olympic games in nearby Bubenstein Park, where all denominations compete for the 'Faith Cup' that comes filled with the towns greatest riches, SNOW CONES! There's plenty of fun for us Agnostics too! We have the annual Agnostic Arcade Battle of the network evangelists and Scientists! We got it all. And right there off of Main St. just east of the Courthouse is a small brick one story building with an antenna poking out the top. Inside the big glass window you see a couple of people with headphones on broacasting their weekly show. They have a perfect view of town square and many denizens tip their hats and wave as they stroll by. Man it's heaven here. We are Nowhere in Mulberry.

10 comments:

D said...

I'm not sure if I missed it, but what do you do for a living? just wondering.

Anonymous said...

ok, skip, it kinda wonders in the begining but i like the description of the town. very nice. will we be getting anymore descriptions as the show happens? well i'll talk to you later
streeter

The Jastrom said...

It kinda wonders? Do you mean Wanders? It's a blog entry so it can wander all I want. There is no format I have to follow.

The Jastrom said...

ltlme the answer to your question is that for over 13 years I was a custom picture framer I wasted 13 years doing that. I was burnt out and grew to despise it more and more although it was ironically my 'comfort zone' and I stayed there until the place went out of business and I was laid off. I went through a tough time adjusting as I'd been in the place forever. My wife gave birth to our daughter and I was henceforth 'stay at home Dad'. I still am now and it's been very rewarding. At first it was scary as hell as my wife only got to have 6 weeks off after the baby as born. I was terrified. Right now I'd say it's been the most rewarding thing in my life seeing her grow up. She's 16 months old now. I still get feelings of loserness not being employed at the moment, that fear of going right back to what I was doing before. I would love to do something that I love when I return to the workforce. Perhaps as rewarding as being a parent.

The Jastrom said...

I guess i'm still too insecure to say Stay at home dad. but I'll say it, I'm a stay at home dad. And I'm thankful that I get to do this at this time in my life. I get to be with my daughter all the time in those early years.

We figured I'd return to the workforce when she's 3 cause we really didn't want her to go to daycare. Who knows at this point.

D said...

that's cool. My mom stayed at home unil I went into kindergarden, so i never got stuck in the day care situation. (and I also would not have formed my love of Plinko from watching the Price is Right). Male or female, I think being a stay at home parent is a very wonderful and I respect those who do it!!!

The Jastrom said...

Thanks. I have at one time or another wanted to be a Comic Book artist, Writer and Director but most of all I am damn lazy.

D said...

well you should work on some comics then. you never know what could happen.

The Jastrom said...

Right now the Podcast is where I hope to release the damn of inspiration and creation. Man what a pretentsious bastard I am I don't even think I know how to spell that word either. Hehe. Seriously though I think i've given up on the comic book dream for now.

D said...

...what happened to a post for today? i'm addicted to your blog!!!!!!! *starts tweaking*